About Dr. Uday Phadke
MBBS, MD, DNB, DM (Endocrinology), FACE
Dr. Uday Phadke is a well-known Endocrinologist and Diabetologist from Pune, Maharashtra. Recipient of multiple awards during his academic years, Dr. Phadke completed MBBS from reputed B.J. Medical College, Pune which is known to produce top class medical professionals.
Dr Uday Phadke stood first in Medicine at the MBBS examination and completed his MD in Internal Medicine from BJ Medical College and Sassoon Hospitals Pune. His thesis titled ‘Electrophysiological Aspects of Neuroparalytic Snake Bite’ is the largest study of this ubject in the literature and won him an award at the Annual Research Society of BJ Medical College.
Dr Uday Phadke then appeared for and passed the examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations and was conferred the title of DNB(Diplomate of the National Board).
After completing his MD and DNB, Dr Phadke worked as a Lecturer in Medicine and Neurology in Sassoon Hospitals, Pune, for about an year.
He subsequently was selected for the super-speciality Endocrinology course in the prestigious KEM Hospital, Mumbai.This selection was on the basis of an all India examination conduction for the lone post on offer. His DM thesis on Pituitary Tumors- Outcomes of Various Modalities of Treatment is one of the largest studies on the subject in Indian literature.
Member, IMA Pune
Member, Endocrine Society of India
Member, Indian Society for Bone & Mineral Research
Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Phadke U, Deshmukh V C, Dhorepatil S, Kale S, Borse R T, Mandora V P, Gandhi P M: Open-label, randomized, comparative, multi centric clinical trial of R-sibutramine versus racemate sibutramine in the management of obesity. Indian Med Gaz 2007, 141(11), 430-40
- Controversial question – HbA1c targets : Does one size fit all or should they be tailored to individual patients? Phadke U. Medicographia, Vol 35, No 1, 2013, 67
- Novel drugs for treating Type 2 Diabetes: Phadke U. Innovative Approaches in type 2 diabetes. Ed: Dr B M Jayaram 2012, 386-397.
- Acute Myocardial Infarction in Graves’ Disease with Normal Coronaries Kavita Krishna, Shirish Hiremath, Uday Phadke.The Indian Practitioner Vol 66 No 7 July 2013
- Guest Editorial on SGLT – 2 Inhibitors J Mah Asso Physicians
- Physical Activity and Exercise in Diabetes Mellitus:Chapter 32, RSSDI Textbook of Diabetes 3rd edition, Ed: Chandalia H B, SridharG R et al, 2014, 509-520
- Biology of Adipose Tissue. ESI Manual of Clinical Endocrinology 2nd Edition. Ed Dr Sarita Bajaj 2015
- Observations in the MD(Med)Thesis on Electrophysiology of Neuropralytic snake bite were included in the article:Electrodiagnostic Approach of Neuro-muscular Junction Disorders. Wadia R S, Reviews of Neurology,1996; Vol 3: 167-176
- Smt. Bhandarkar Memorial Award for Academic Excellence at the DM (Endocrinology) Examination
- Special citation for Academic Excellence by The Bombay University
- Conjoint Clinical Faculty in Medicine, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology
- Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award for the year 2016 – awarded by the American Diabetes Association for the best original research focusing on South Asian population. The award was presented for a study of bariatric surgery for type 2 diabetes in Indian patients- COSMID study