Dr. Uday Phadke is a well-known Endocrinologist and Diabetologist from Pune, Maharashtra. Recipient of multiple awards during his academic years, Dr. Phadke completed MBBS from reputed B.J. Medical College, Pune which is known to produce top class medical professionals.
Dr Uday Phadke stood first in Medicine at the MBBS examination and completed his MD in Internal Medicine from BJ Medical College and Sassoon Hospitals Pune. His thesis titled ‘Electrophysiological Aspects of Neuroparalytic Snake Bite’ is the largest study of this ubject in the literature and won him an award at the Annual Research Society of BJ Medical College.
Dr Uday Phadke then appeared for and passed the examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations and was conferred the title of DNB(Diplomate of the National Board).
After completing his MD and DNB, Dr Phadke worked as a Lecturer in Medicine and Neurology in Sassoon Hospitals, Pune, for about an year meilleur casino en ligne français.
He subsequently was selected for the super-speciality Endocrinology course in the prestigious KEM Hospital, Mumbai.This selection was on the basis of an all India examination conduction for the lone post on offer. His DM thesis on Pituitary Tumors- Outcomes of Various Modalities of Treatment is one of the largest studies on the subject in Indian literature.
He was awarded the prestigious ‘Smt Bhandarkar Memorial Award’ for academic excellence in the DM examination and a special citation by the University of Bombay for securing the highest marks amongst all candidates appearing for super specialty examinations.
After passing the DM examination, Dr Phadke worked as a Lecturer in Endocrinology at KEM Hospital Mumbai for about 6 months before he returned to Pune to start his practice.
Dr Phadke also holds an advanced Endocrine preceptorship from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
In 2015, Dr Phadke was awarded the prestigious Fellowship of the American College of Endocrinology- FACE.
Dr. Phadke has wide experience in treating patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders. He has keen interest in teaching and has been involved in training postgraduate students of medicine, orthopedics, pediatrics, gynecology and obstetrics. He has been a regular speaker at various national and international fora and has conducted more than 500 CME’s and workshops for physicians across the country. He is a post graduate guide for the diabetes certification program conducted by the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
As a recognition of his efforts in Diabetes education, he was conferred the title of Conjoint Clinical Faculty in the Dept of Medicine by the University of Newcastle Australia.
In June 2016 Dr Phadke was awarded the Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award by the American Diabetes Association for the best original research focusing on South Asian population. The award was presented for a study of bariatric surgery for type 2 diabetes in Indian patients- COSMID study.
An avid nature lover, Dr. Phadke is passionate about high altitude trekking, traveling and nature photography. During his school and college days he has represented Pune District and Maharashtra in TT, his school in swimming and his college in Cricket.
- Economic Times Edge award – This award is for “ “ . He was honored with . For being one of the Inspiring Endocrinologist and was honoured with the hands of Health minister of India – June 2018 ( Function was held in Delhi in the presence of Health Minister who was the chief guest for the event.
- He was the endocrinologist taking care of the patient , who underwent the first Uterine transplant in IDNia and subsequently conceived and delivered a a healthy child.
- 1 Book Chapter – Textbook of Inflammation and Diabetes edited by Dr A.K Das ( Cardio Vascular outcomes of anti -inflammatory drugs – By Dr Uday )
- Article named Diabetes – do numbers matter…featured in India Today magazine..nov 2018 issue.
- Also invited to contribute an article on Diabetes : depression and cognitive disorders in India Today magazine
- Anchored a program on diabetes treatment and complications on Zee TV
- Advice on medical disorders related to diabetes and hormone disorders to lay public via radio
- Only Center in Western Maharashtra
- This center is the recognized center for insulin pump training in Maharashtra.
- Surgery in Galaxy – Featured on Newspaper